415 T3 DQ1
Explain what agile incremental development is and why it could be useful. In your response to peers, include examples of the types of projects where agile incremental development could be used.
Reply to responses.
Agile incremental development refers to the introduction of new versions of the Agile software that is progressive and builds on previous versions, rather than introducing completely new ones (Heeager, & Nielsen, 2018). Vertical increments are introduced in the products which makes each new one usable and based on the previously present features.
Teams prefer the use of incremental development strategy when dealing with Agile due to the successive versions that build on previous products. Users get a relatively easy time using the software as it has the basics of the previous versions. It also avoids the need to learn entirely new concepts and applications when new components are built.
Heeager, L. T., & Nielsen, P. A. (2018). A conceptual model of agile software development in a safety-critical context: A systematic literature review. Information and Software Technology, 103, 22-39.
When you are looking at Agile Incremental Development there are many advantages to going this route. First, let me explain what it is. When using the incremental model software for example is built in increments one piece at a time instead of building or developing software in one sprint and then finishing. If you think of building a pool you do this in increments dig the hole, lay the rebar, pour the cement, seal the decking, etc.
When you use this method there are benefits to this model vs the sequential model. The incremental model will reduce the risk because the end-user or the customer is able to test the software at each step instead of waiting until the end where improvements can be made this adds extra time to the project thus costing you more money to get the project done.
Agile incremental development is a process that we use to continue to build upon what we have already started. After each successful layer we continue to add on until we have the finished produce. One of the main benefits of agile incremental development is that it gives us a working product early on in the development process. It is very helpful when you have a lot of unknown factors.
The benefits of incremental development include:
· Deliver working software early: with the first completed module (iteration).
· Parallel development. Multiple modules can be worked on by different teams.
· Modules can be completed at different times.
· Separation of concerns. Each module is a self-contained chunk of the product.
· Adaptable to changes in scope. Modules can be added to or dropped from the product.
· Risks can be identified and addressed per module.
Types of projects that may suit Agile:
1. Small to medium-sized software developments.
2. Product development that includes multiple variants of the core product.
3. If the main delive
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.