One of the cognitive changes older adults worry about and fear most is memory loss. Some older adults may assume that any memory loss means that they are developing dementia. However, some memory loss that occurs with aging is normal and can be managed by understanding why it occurs and using memory-training exercises to reduce its impact.
Use your module readings and the Argosy University online library resources to research memory training for older adults. Select an authoritative research article for use in this assignment.
Based on the article and one of the cognitive theories covered in your readings, design your own study that tests a program for memory training in older adults. In your paper include the following:
An overview of the changes in memory abilities that occur with aging. This overview should include a description of the difference between normal memory loss that occurs with aging and memory loss that is due to dementia. Review at least one cognitive theory discussed in the readings.
A summary of the research article you chose. The article should provide evidence in support of memory training programs for the elderly such as the one you are proposing.
The hypothesis of your study.
Described the methodology of the proposed study including the age range of the participants, and participant variables such as: 1) age, 2) gender, 3) level of education, 3) SES, 4) level of cognitive functioning, etc. Ethical considerations should also be discussed.
The details of your memory training program, such as: 1) the specific aspects of memory loss your training would target, 2) how long the training sessions would last, and 3) the measurements you would use to determine whether your training resulted in significant improvement in memory.
Your expected results.
A discussion of whether you would expect any differences based on individual variables such as gender, socio-economic status, level of education, race, ethnicity, etc. Provide reasons for your answer.
Your paper should include a title page with a running head, an abstract and a reference page. The body of the paper should be at least 5 pages in length. It should be double-spaced and in 12 point, Times New Roman font with normal one-inch margins, written in APA style, and free of typographical and grammatical errors.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.