Analyzing a Published WorkOverviewOne of the most important moves academic writers can master is the art of analysis. This assignment will help you to develop the skills necessary to determine the meaning found within a text.To be clear, the intent of this essay is not to argue for or against the content; instead, we are analyzing what the article does in terms of the following:1.purpose,2.approach, and3.effectiveness.AssignmentGo to an online newspaper website: Chicago Tribune http://www.chicagotribune.com/, http://www.kansascity.com/, or http://www.nytimes.com/ are a few possible sites, but feel free to use a more local newspaper website. Find an article in the Op/ED section that is argumentative in nature. Use the following questions to guide your analysis:1.What is the purpose of the text? In other words, what exactly is the position the article takes and/or what does the author want his or her readers to believe and/or do after reading the article?2.What strategies does the text use to attempt to achieve its purpose? Give examples from the article. In other words, does the article use facts, examples, experiences, logic, assumptions, data, sources, expert opinion, and so on to prove his or her position? Be sure to give examples. You could also try to determine if the position is presented as more of a Classical argument or a Rogerian argument.3.What are the strengths and weaknesses of the approach the article used? In other words, what would you have liked to see more of in the article? Less of? What worked? What didn’t work? Do you detect bias that is unreasonable? Does the author use unreasonable assertions, stereotypes, or faulty information to make his or her points? Does the author place the opposition in an unfair light? Does the author distort the arguments of those who disagree? Does the author fail to recognize the weaknesses in his or her own position? Does the author leave out important information? Does theauthor back up his or her assertions with evidence, or does
he or she simply make assumptions? What
would most improve the argument? Explain your answer. Remember, we are not arguing for or against
the content of these articles, we are analyzing what the article attempts to
do, how it does it, and if it does do
fairly. We should not be concerned about
how we feel about the article. To be
clear: Your readers should not know what
your position is about the subject, Your readers should only know whether or
not you felt the article was reasonable well-developed fair etc. Do not include
personal feel or opinion. Must be in APA format and this should be about 750
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.