1. Watch the J. Paul Getty Museum’s videos on sculpture at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AR_KftDRs4 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWUuGDovHEI2. Learn about printmaking, including the ancient art of woodblock carving and printing, from a contemporary artist
at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2hguBvmZb4 and from the Museum of Modern Art at:
http://www.moma.org/interactives/projects/2001/whatisaprint/flash.html3. Learn about the history of, and differences between, tempera and oil paint at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUmzLewk5dk and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyhoPD3hA9M4. Visit http://smarthistory.khanacademy.org and click on the “Time” tab to access the menu for “1400-1500
Renaissance in Italy & the North” and then click on the “Florence” tab on the left. View the pages and videos for
each of the following: Brunelleschi, Linear Perspective (2 pages), and the Dome of Santa Maria del Fiore; The
Sacrifice of Isaac; Masaccio’s Trinity and The Tribute Money; Botticelli; the page and video for Donatello’s “David”
and the video on “Representations of David in the Florentine Renaissance.”
5. Read about the dome of Florence Cathedral at
http://www.saylor.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ARTH-206-Dome.pdfand listen to a podcast about its construction at https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/arts-facts-podcast/id469401360
(scroll down to #44, called “Arts and Facts: Brunelleschi’s Dome – the Pretty Boy vs. the Genius”)
SHORT ANSWERS: After watching the videos on media and techniques, write at least a
paragraph on each medium that answers the questions below. Some of the answers will come directly from the
videos, and others ask you to draw conclusions based on what you’ve been watching and reading 1. Sculpture: What are some of the tools and materials used by sculptors? How does additive sculpture differ from
subtractive sculpture? What are some of the difficulties sculptors face when working with materials like stone and
2. Printmaking: In many ways, artists working in this medium must think in “reverse”; why is this, and what
difficulties does it pose? What are some of the advantages of printmaking?
Painting: What are the components of oil and tempera paints? How do paintings in tempera differ in appearance
from those in oil? When was oil paint first used and why was it appealing to later artists?
How did the invention of linear perspective revolutionize art? What does it reveal about the values and interests
of the artists and viewers in the time and place of its discovery?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.