Ashford 4: – Week 3 – Assignment
Parties and Pretrial Procedures
Much of the “work” of the criminal justice system will never be seen by
the general public. Prosecutors, defense attorneys, and grand juries
determine the course of criminal cases well before a case is even
committed to a public docket. In your paper, detail the special
responsibilities prosecutors have towards initiating a criminal case
against a defendant. In other words, how does a prosecutor make the
decision to charge someone? Address the following questions in your
paper:What is a grand jury, and when is a grand jury used rather than the prosecutor simply issuing a criminal charge?What is the purpose of a grand jury and when is it used?Can a defense attorney address a grand jury?Can the defendant attend a grand jury hearing?How can a prosecutor and a defense attorney dispose of a case before it goes to a grand jury?How can a prosecutor and a defense attorney conclude a case before it goes to trial?
In your analysis, include your personal opinion of the morality of a
system where so much of the charging and plea bargaining process is in
the hands of lawyers, often out of view from the general public. What
are the potentials for abuse? What effects on “equal justice” can this
The paper must be three to four pages in length and formatted according
to APA style. You must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to
the textbook to support your claims. Cite your sources within the text
of your paper and on the reference page. For information regarding APA,
including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center,
located within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.