Assignment 1: Effective Counselors
is a 28-year-old male, currently pursuing a degree in psychology. He wants to
be a counselor for people with adjustment difficulties. However, George’s
supervisors are suggesting he consider changing his career because he seems to
lack the particular skills he needs to be a competent and effective counselor.
His supervisors have identified the following tendencies in George:
• He has a tendency to be judgmental
and narrow-minded about people different from him.
• He is very guarded and defensive with
people and typically thinks that other people are trying to put him down.
• He often forces his opinions on
answer each of the following questions thoroughly in a paper that is a minimum
of 800 words in length.
1.How will George’s usual ways of
dealing with people affect his attempt to be an effective counselor? Analyze
each of the characteristics mentioned above (judgmental, narrow-minded,
guarded/defensive, and opinionated).
2.Identify and discuss at least five
of the most important skills that a counselor should have to be effective in
their field? Explain what each skill entails and why each skill is important to
the therapeutic process.
3.What ethical standards might George
be in danger of violating if he does not change his way of interacting with
clients? Be sure to include at least a couple of references to the ethical
codes in your response.
4.Suggest at least three practical
steps that George can take to develop the characteristics and skills he needs
to be an effective therapist?Your paper should be at least 800 words in length, follow APA style
for attributing sources, and include a cover page and reference page.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.