Prior to completing this discussion, please be certain that you have completed the required readings in Chapters 1 through 3 of your required text, read the Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct on the APA website, and reviewed any relevant Instructor Guidance. This discussion has two options from which you will choose one to complete. After selecting one of the options please indicate which one you chose in your response. Option A: Karen confides in you that she feels “down” all the time. She feels hopeless, finds no enjoyment in life (sleep, food, sex, friends, etc.) and is having thoughts of suicide. Based on your study this week, address each of the following: Identify if Karen is suffering from major depression or bipolar depression. Defend your position with support from the reading noting definitions and key features. Indicate what form of treatment would best serve Karen based on the literature.Examine how you would respond personally as a mental health professional and what your ethical duties are. Option B: Chris can often be found around the house laughing loudly at inappropriate jokes he is telling. When he is not laughing, he is singing or whistling and making non-stop noise as he feels like he has boundless energy. When his daughter gets home, he calls her names and accuses her of doing things she was not. The next day, Chris reports that he feels “down” all the time. He feels hopeless and is having thoughts of suicide. Based on your study this week, address each of the following: Identify if Chris is suffering from major depression or bipolar depression. Defend your position with support from the reading noting definitions and key features. Indicate what form of treatment you think would best serve Chris from the literature.Examine how you would respond personally as a mental health professional and what your ethical duties are. Your initial post must be a minimum of 200 words and you must utilize at least one scholarly source (e.g., the course textbook, a peer-reviewed article from the Ashford University Library, or a professional web source) that is cited according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. For further assistance in researching scholarly sources, please access the tutorials page on the Ashford University Library website.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.