Part One: External Funding RequirementYour company, Martin Industries, Inc., has experienced a higher than expected demand for its new product line. The company plans to expand its operation by 25% by spending $5,000,000 for an additional building. The firm would like to maintain its 40% debt to total asset ratio in its capital structure and its dividend payout ratio of 50% of net income. Last year, net income was $2,500,000. Required:What are retained earnings for last year?How much debt will be needed for the new project?How much external equity must Martin use at the beginning of this year in order to finance the new expansion?If Martin decides to retain all earnings for the coming year, how much external equity will be required?Part Two: The Degree of LeverageAssume that two companies, Brake, Inc. and Carbo, Inc., have the following operating results:Brake, Inc.Carbo, Inc.Sales$300,000 $300,000 Variable Costs60,000180,000Fixed Costs210,00090,000Operating Income$30,000$30,000 Required:Calculate the contribution margins for the two companies.Calculate the break-even point for each firm, in dollars and in units.Compare the two companies. What conclusions could you make regarding the use of operating leverage employed by the two firms?Assume that both companies experience an increase in sales by 15% next year. What would be the operating income for each firm net year? Explain the difference in the change in operating income between the two companies.Based on the information from the above questions, what recommendations would you make to the two companies and why?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.