TESTING: DILEMMA DISCUSSION 2
With the sequencing of the human genome during the last
decade, we now have the ability to “screen for” various genetic disorders.
People who are going to start a family can sit down with a genetic counselor
and be tested for diseases such as Tay Sachs and Cystic Fibrosis. We can also
have our own DNA screened for diseases like breast cancer to find out if we are
susceptible to them.
All of the early detection technology cannot help us to make
decisions as to what to do with this information. If you find that you and your
partner have a 25% chance of making a baby with Tay Sachs, do you proceed with
pregnancy? Do you take the risk? How much risk is too much? Would your desire
to know be different for a disease that could potentially be cured, such as
breast cancer, versus one that is always fatal, like Huntington’s Disease?
In your dilemma discussion, you should discuss what type of
testing, if any, you would seek out, and how you would make decisions based on
the results of any testing you had done. Use the resources below to educate
yourself on genetic testing, including what it can and cannot offer individuals
[Cracking the Code of Life]
Chapter 2: Tay Sachs Disease (Hayden &
Chapter 6: Cystic Fibrosis (Baby Riley)
NEED IT BY WED Oct 23, 2013.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.