Week 4 – Assignment
read page 90-94
Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Violations
Read pages 90-94 of your course text, including the Release of
Information section, the Perspective: Examples of Recently Published
HIPAA Privacy Violations section, and Exhibits 3.3 and 3.4. Next,
select one of the cases from the list below :Civil money penalty: HHS imposes a $4.3 million civil money penalty for violations of the HIPAA privacy ruleDoctor and Two Former Hospital Employees Plead Guilty to HIPAA ViolationMass General Hospital Settles Potential HIPAA ViolationsRite Aid agrees to pay $1 million to settle HIPAA privacy caseUCLA health system settles potential HIPAA privacy and security violationsThen, provide a case analysis on the HIPAA violation of patient
health information (PHI) that was present in the case you selected.
Include the following points in your case analysis:
Give a brief summary of the case. What specific HIPAA privacy and security rules were broken?What, if any, penalties were imposed as a result of the ruling on the case? Do you believe the penalties imposed were sufficient for the type and scope of the infraction? Explain your answer. What is your understanding of the HIPAA privacy and security rules? What was the significance of this case with regards to health
care information systems, either in general or to the organizations that
work in this field?Were any other laws (besides the HIPAA laws) broken? If yes, what law(s)?Include a paragraph about how this particular case could apply
to your Final Proposal. What impact might lessons learned from this
particular case have on your Final Proposal case study?
The HIPAA Case Analysis:
Must be 1200 to 1800 words in length, double-spaced and formatted
according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a title page with the following:Title of paperStudent’s nameCourse name and numberInstructor’s nameDate submittedMust begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.Must use at least three scholarly sources, including a minimum of one from the Ashford University Library.Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.