BUS202 Assignments Week 4 – Assignment!
Week 4 – Assignment
Due Mar 14 by 11:59pm Points 10 Submi!ng an external tool
This tool needs to be loaded in a new browser window
Avoiding Biased and Insensi!ve Communica!ons
[WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 1, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
Review Avoiding Bias .
Read pages 201 to 204 from course textbook, The Only Business Wri!ng Book You’ll Ever Need.
Find and read one credible source that focuses on business communica!on e!que”e, avoiding bias in business communica!on, or promo!ng cultural
intelligence in business communica!on.
Watch the following video, When to Use Humor in Your Talks (And When Not To) .
“! # 0:00 / 4:53 $%
Professional communica!ons are meant for a diverse audience. These diversi!es might include cultural, racial, religious, gender, ability, or any other type of
In your paper,
Explain two best prac!ces for avoiding biased and insensi!ve wri”en and verbal communica!ons.
Explain why you might include humor in your professional communica!ons.
Iden!fy at least two situa!ons where humor should be avoided.
Explain how to remain posi!ve and how to show respect to your listeners.
Explain from the sentences listed below why each could be considered biased or insensi!ve.
Then, revise each sentence to remove any biased or insensi!ve language.
The Avoiding Biased and Insensi!ve Communica!ons paper
Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including !tle and references pages) and forma”ed according to APA Style as outlined in the
UAGC Wri!ng Center’s APA Style.
Must include a separate !tle page with the following:
Title of paper
Course name and number
For further assistance with the forma#ng and the !tle page, refer to APA Forma#ng for Word 2013 .
Must u!lize academic voice. See the Academic Voice resource for addi!onal guidance.
Must use at least one credible outside source in addi!on to the course text.
The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers addi!onal guidance on appropriate source types. If you have ques!ons
about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the
appropriateness of a specific source for a par!cular assignment.
To assist you in comple!ng the research required for this assignment, view this University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty tutorial,
which introduces the UAGC Library and the research process, and provides some library search !ps.
Must document any informa!on used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the UAGC Wri!ng Center’s APA: Ci!ng Within Your Paper
Must include a separate references page that is forma”ed according to APA Style as outlined in the UAGC Wri!ng Center. See the APA: Forma#ng
Your References List resource in the UAGC Wri!ng Center for specifica!ons.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.