Nursing shortage is used in referring to a situation where the demand for nursing professionals, exceeds the supply either locally, nationally, or globally (Nevidjon & Erickson, 2021).
A problem i have encountered is shortage in staffing in long term care facilities, which is quite common and, unfortunately, problematic. Residents of long-term care facilities often receive shorter treatment times, a deficit in care quality, and an overall less personable experience in the facility.
Nursing shortage is usually measured in terms of nurse-to-patient ratio and the problem of nursing shortage should be studied because nurses are a critical part of the healthcare system, and the nursing sector make up the largest set of professionals in the entire medical field.
The maintenance of appropriate staffing in healthcare facilities is important in providing a safe work environment for healthcare personnel and safe patient care.
Potential factors for nursing shortage include lack of adequate staffing ratios in health care facilities, lack of placement programs for newly trained nurses, and lack of worker retention incentives (Jingjing Shang et al 2019).
Nursing Shortage can lead to higher Risk of Nurse Burnout, Higher Risk of Medication Errors and Deaths, Longer Wait Times and Shorter Visits.
The strategies and practices to alleviate the scourge of nursing shortage includes Greater access to nursing education, Strategic Workplace Accommodations, Flexibility and Advocacy and lobbying for the welfare of nurses at the level of policymaking (Hunter C, 2021)
(Please write a response to the article above using 200-300 words APA format with at least two references. Sources must be published within the last 5 years. There should be a mix between research and your reflections. Add critical thinking in the posts along with research. Apply the material in a substantial way.)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.