Please read the instructions carefully and let me know if you can assist me
Chamberlain College of Nursing NR439: Evidence-Based Practice
NR 439 PICOT Question Guide
The following contains PICOT question guides/templates to use to help write questions using all of the PICOT elements. Each template contains a guide that you can use to write a complete PICOT question, examples of PICOT elements, and illustrations[endnoteRef:1]. Review some tips and hints below to think about for each of the PICOT elements that can help create a sound clinical nursing PICOT question: [1: Adapted from Houser (2018) and the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN). (2018). AAACN research toolkit: Template for asking PICOT questions.
P=Population of patients: Think about a group of patients you are interested in studying—identify the group by age ranges, diagnosis/disease of interest, history or length of time with the diagnosis/disease of interest, location, unit, or setting, gender type (if applicable), race (if applicable), or other identifiable characteristics such as Medicare, Medicaid, immobile, ventilated, inpatient, outpatient, etc.
I=Intervention: Consider the nursing action or intervention you are thinking that would make a difference? From your search for evidence, what is the evidence indicating that nurses can do to help improve the problem or issue you have chosen?
C=Comparison: Think about comparing to the intervention of interest or the alternative such as routine/standard care. If no comparison, state not implementing the intervention or no comparison group.
O=Outcome: Reflect upon what would be the measurable, relatable indicator that would demonstrate the intervention is making a difference or not? What would be the needed outcome that you could observe/check/measure? For example, “the pain is okay” would not be a measurable outcome. Rates pain level less than 3 on pain scale would be measurable.
T=Timeframe: For this element, reflect on how long it would take to implement your study by collecting data or the time needed to observe to see if any changes occurred or will occur. Think about 1 month, 3 months, 6 months etc… Use a timeframe that is realistic.
Among/In _________________________ (P), does______________________ (I) (**decrease/increase/impact/influence/affect/reduce/improve**) _____________________ (O) compared to ______________________________ (C) over ______________________________(T)?
(**choose one term**)
Among 65+ and older diabetic immobile adults in long-term care (P), does a bedside oral care kit and checklist protocol (I) compared to routine oral care without a bedside oral care kit (C) affect the number of times oral care is completed (O) over 3 months (T)?
P=Population of patients: 65+ and older diabetic immobile adults in long-term care
I=Intervention: bedside oral care kit and a checklist protocol
C=Comparison: routine oral care without a bedside oral care kit
O=Outcome: number of times (frequency) oral care is complete
1. Read over each of the following directions.
2. You must read the Assignment Practice Scenario below before completing the PPE Worksheet.
3. Download and use the required
PPE Worksheet (Links to an external site.)
4. Review the information provided in our library of
how to search for journal articles here (Links to an external site.)
5. Review the information provided in our library of
how to locate and copy a journal permalink (Links to an external site.)
6. You are required to complete the worksheet using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at
http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.)
. Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
7. Complete each section of the Problem/PICOT/Evidence (PPE) Worksheet. For the Clinical PICOT Question,use the
NR439 Guide for writing PICOT Questions and Examples (Links to an external site.)
. Use one of the templates/guides to write your Clinical PICOT Question using all of the PICOT elements. Be sure to include the PICOT letters in your question.
8. Be sure to use the rubric to make certain you are meeting all grading criteria of the PPE Worksheet.
9. Submit the completed PPE Worksheet on the Week 3 Assignment page.
10. Students, A short tutorial with tips for completing the Week 3 Problem/PICOT/Evidence Search (PPE) worksheet assignment may be viewed here.
Assignment Practice Scenario
Your Chief Nurse Executive (CNE) recognizes you are pursuing your BSN and has asked you to be a member of the nursing evidence-based practice (NEBP) committee. She has advised the members that the purpose is to conduct nursing research studies involving clinical practice problems. Increasing nurses’ awareness of quality and safety concerns will help develop an attitude of inquiry and asking questions (Sherwood & Barnsteiner, 2017). Baccalaureate nurses “collaborate in problem identification, participate in the process of search, retrieval, and documentation of evidence, and integrate evidence using credible databases and internet resources” (AACN, 2008, pp. 16-17).
The CNE has advised all members of the following areas of quality and safety clinical practice that each committee member needs to consider and choose only one as a priority area for conducting a research study. Sources of research problems come from nursing clinical practice (Houser, 2018):
· Patient satisfaction
· Patient education
· Non-pharmacological pain management
Errors. Examples include:
· Patient identification
· Length of stay
Healthcare Associated Infections (HA
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.