Instructions in file section !
Standard Speech Outline Format
Thesis: Your main assertion or idea; the core of your speech
Specific Purpose: What you hope to achieve from this speech
Purpose: The purpose of this speech is to share ideas and information with the audience by fully describing and explaining the complete subject that is your topic. Through this speech, you will have the opportunity to “teach” us something. Therefore, this speech should inform the audience on your topic as if it were generally unknown to them while developing its significance to them specifically, as well as society generally, and at a depth that we will find truly educational. You are finding/selecting your own topic. It cannot be persuasive. If you are in doubt, ask.
For this speech, you are required to use PowerPoint in your video. You must be in your video, not just your voice.
Description: This speech should be 5 to 6 minutes in length and have a comprehensive outline, featuring 3-5 main points. There are penalties for going over or under the required time limits. This means you will need to practice your speech sufficiently to be sure of its length. In addition, at least three to five references (listed in the “References” section and cited in APA) are required for this speech. All these sources must be verbally cited within the speech as supporting material for claims that are made or data that are offered. All sources cited must be credible. DO NOT USE WIKIPEDIA AS ONE OF THESE REFERENCES. You will lose points if you use Wikipedia as one of the sources. Technology: You need to use a visual aid. For this speech, you may use Prezi or Powerpoint. When I watch your video, I should see you and your Powerpoint simultaneously.
· Your PowerPoint should have at least 8-10 slides, not including your Introductory Slide that has your title and name.
· Do not create a PowerPoint void of images. Images are what draw your audience in.
· Avoid long paragraphs on your slides. Your PowerPoint is not an essay. It should only have short phrases or keywords to support what you are saying.
· Implementing your references in your PowerPoint is allowed, however,
your references must be attached to your outline
. It should be the last page of your outline document.
Evaluation: This speech is worth 100 points. Your speech will be graded on the content, organization. and delivery. The specific elements that will be graded are listed in the Informative Speech Evaluation Criteria. Remember, the purpose of this speech is to inform your audience on your topic, not to attempt to persuade them of what you believe. Be creative in choosing your topic and make sure that it really interests you. If you have questions or concerns, please email me.
Use the Outlining Template attachment below to create your Informative Outline. Here are some things to remember: What is an outline: An outline is a helpful guide in organizing your paper or speech. Outlines give a visual structure to your work and are used to show relationships and hierarchies within
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.