The relation Viewing is intended to record
information for a house agent about the details of properties on his
books and a history of their viewings together with the outcome of a
viewing (whether the customer was definitely interested in buying the
property, definitely not interested or still thinking about it). The
following gives the relational heading:
Viewing (PropertyCode, CustomerCode, DateOfViewing, Address, CouncilTaxBand, CouncilTax, CustomerName, CustomerContactNumber, OutcomeOfViewing)
The following gives some sample data from the corresponding relational table:
The first row in this table gives the information that property P1, 1
Cherry Gardens, Notlaw, ZZ1 3YY, being in council tax band B and so
paying £1500 per year, was viewed on 24 December 2012 by customer C1,
John Smith, with contact number 0799 9999999, who is not interested in
The following are some of the non-trivial functional dependencies on Viewings
(a) Demonstrate that Viewing is subject to insertion, deletion and amendment anomalies.
(b) From FD1–FD6, derive two moren on-trivial functional
dependencies where the determinant is irreducible and part of the
primary key. Justify your derivations.
(c) Justify the statement that Viewing is not in second normal form
(2NF). Write down the headings of relations in 2NF that will result from
a non-lossy decomposition of Viewing.
Justify that these relations are in 2NF.
(d) Are each of the relations resulting from the decomposition in part (c) in third normal form (3NF)? Justify your answer.
For each relation which is not in 3NF, write down the headings of the
relations in 3NF which result from a non-lossy decomposition of that relation. Justify your answers.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.