Development Throughout the LifespanErikson and Freud are two of the few theorists who have developed a lifespan approach to development. Freud’s approach to development was psychosexual while Erikson’s was psychosocial. Even though Freud’s theory is better known, Erikson’s theory remains a leading and very much applied model in personality and developmental psychology today.When considering these two stage-oriented theories, you can directly compare the majority of their stages. These are matched in the following table:Approximate AgeFreud’s Stages of Psychosexual DevelopmentErikson’s Stages of Psychosocial developmentInfancy (Birth to 1 year)Oral stageTrust versus mistrustEarly childhood (1–3 years)Anal stageAutonomy versus doubtPreschool (3–6 years)Phallic stageInitiative versus guiltSchool age (7–11 years)Latent periodIndustry versus inferiorityAdolescence (12–18 years)Genital stageIdentity versus role confusionYoung adulthood (19–40 years)Intimacy versus isolationMiddle adulthood (40–65 years)Generativity versus stagnationOlder adulthood (65–death)Integrity versus despairWhen considering Erikson’s eight stages of development, the way a person moves through each stage directly affects their success in the next stage. Their personality is being built and shaped with each stage. At each stage, there is a turning point, called a crisis by Erikson, which a person must confront.In this assignment, you will observe or interview two different people, each at a different stage of development. For a third observation, take a look at yourself and the stage that you are in (this stage must be different from your other two observations).Record your three observations in a template. Include the following information:NameAgeGenderCurrent developmental stageStatus within the stage (i.e., identity achievement or role confusion)Events that have lead to this statusDownload a Development Template from the Doc Sharing area to record your observations.Summarize what you have learned about psychosocial development through these observations/interviews.Summarize the trends you see in your observations/interviews regarding psychosocial development.How does movement through Erikson’s stages influence personality development? Again, be specific.How do Erikson’s stages of development compare to Freud’s stages? How are they similar? How are they different?Between these two theories, which one do you feel best explains your own personality development? Justify your answers with specific examples.Write a 3–4-page paper in Word format. Insert your chart at the end of your paper. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.