Assignment After moving from a big city to a rural setting, Janice is suffering from anxiety and depression because of adjustments to the change. She wants to seek counseling services to help her adjust. Janice has always valued her privacy and is finding it difficult to commit to seeing a counselor in a rural setting. The community has only one mental health counselor. Janice fears that if she begins counseling sessions, people will learn that she is undergoing therapy. In addition, Janice is a devoted Catholic and is aware that the counselor is a devout Jehovah’s Witness, as is most of the community. Janice is apprehensive that the counselor might try to encourage her to convert. She is desperate to talk to someone and does not know where to turn. Identify the ethical standards, specific to Janice’s concerns, which the counselor should follow to provide professional and ethical services. Identify specific section/s of the ethical code, described in your own words, which may apply to Janice’s situation. Describe, using the scenario, why ethical standards are important for client progress? Class References:The Ethics of Professional Practice Richard D. Parsons APA Code of Ethics: American Psychological Association (2002). Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct. Washington, DC: Author. http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx ACA Code of Ethics: American Counseling Association (1997). Code of ethics and standards of practice. Alexandria, VA: Author. http://www.counseling.org/Resources/CodeOfEthics/TP/Home/CT2.aspx A Practitioners Guide to Ethical Decision Making: Forrester-Miller, H., & Davis, T. (1996). A practitioner’s guide to ethical decision making. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/Resources/CodeOfEthics/TP/Home/CT2.aspx ****These references can be used along with any outside sources as well.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.