In this assignment, you will use this information to create an income
statement and then analyze it for profitability. Selected accounts for
Jackson, Inc. are listed below along with their balances before closing
the year of 12/31/12. Jackson, Inc. is a firm that manufactures wireless
mouse systems for laptops. Use this information to complete the
required elements below.Interest expense$ 2,000 Sales revenue 297,000Selling expenses 38,200Administrative expenses 16,700Cost of goods sold 162,300Dividends1 12,200Gain on sale of equipment 3,600Loss from fire 7,500Retained Earnings (1/1/12 balance) 335,000Tax expense 22,800The
current syllabus cites a previous edition of the textbook. The attached
update is correct for Winter and Spring—all current and upcoming terms.1Dividends were declared and paid to Jackson, Inc. stockholdersRequired:On
a spreadsheet, prepare a multistep Income Statement for the year ending
12/31/12 with proper heading. See link below for sample income
statement. Near the bottom of your income statement should have a
subtotal for Income before taxes and then subtract taxes to compute Net
income. Net income should have a double underline. On the same
spreadsheet, prepare a Statement of Retained Earnings for the year
ending 12/31/12 with proper heading. See link below for sample statement
of retained earnings. There are no adjustments to retained earnings and
ending retained earnings should have a double underline. On
the same spreadsheet, compute the gross profit margin, operating income
margin, and net profit margin for 2012, showing the numerator and
denominator for all ratios. Take ratios out to the nearest hundredth of a
percentage (e.g., 33.33%).On the same spreadsheet, write a
paragraph analyzing each of the profitability ratios for Jackson, Inc.
given the following information from previous years and competitors.Gross profit marginOperating income marginNet profit marginJackson, 201147.22%26.52%17.75%Jackson, 201048.87%25.43%17.03%Competitor, 201243.22%31.20%21.14% The following links provide sample formatting for income statements and statements of retained earnings.http://www.accountingcoach.com/online-accounting-course/04Xpg04.html#income-statement-multiple-stephttp://accountingexplained.com/financial/statements/retained-earnings-statement
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.