Read the articles “Applications in Social Justice Counselor Training:
Classroom Without Walls” and “The Multicultural Workplace: Interactive
Acculturation and Intergroup Relations” and review the APA Guidelines
for Providers of Psychological Services to Ethnic, Linguistic, and Culturally Diverse Populations prior to considering the following scenario.
You are a psychologist in an urban community that has seen a 200% growth
in its immigrant population over the past 3 years. Eighty-seven percent
of this population speaks a language other than English at home. You
work for a community mental health center, which is seeing an increase
in referral from this population primarily because of the children’s
interactions with the school system. The children typically become
bilingual quickly. The parents are typically less fluent in English than
their children; however, approximately 30% of the adults in this
immigrant population are fluent in English and hold advanced degrees and
middle- to upper- middle class jobs. The remaining 70% primarily hold
jobs that do not require higher education although many do have degrees
from their country of origin.
Based on the reading, evaluate research and practice aspects in this
applied context and use elements from previous learning in your program
to address the following:What types of staffing and training recommendations would you make for the community mental health center? How would you facilitate intergroup work relations among staff at the community mental health center? Would you support the use of the DSM-5 to diagnose clients with limited English proficiency? How would you evaluate whether or not your staff is competent to work with this population? Explain the rationales for your answers by providing evidence from the required readings.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.