The Rogerian Essay Due Tomorrow by noonCan you do it? The report is on gun control
This essay should be between 900 and 1000 words. It must include a cover letter and an annotated bibliography
you will choose a topic of interest that has two opposing sides. Then,
you need to research that topic in order to specify the topic’s scope,
so it can be easily discussed in a shorter, 1000 word essay.
The following overused topics may not be used in your essay:
· capital punishment
· gay marriage
· gays in the military
· mandatory drug testing
· childhood obesity
· women in the military
· Underage drinking
· Legalization of marijuana
essay must include a minimum of five sources. Three should
peer-reviewed sources preferably from the APUS databases. You may use
eBooks; however, as discussed earlier this semester, books generally are
not as current as peer-reviewed articles. You may also use primary
sources (interviews, statistics, etc); however, these primary sources
should be obtained from experts within that field. If you cannot find
strong sources for your chosen topic, then change your topic. If you
have a question about the validity of a source, please email me, or post
your question to the open forum.
Make sure to include the following sections in your essay:
· Introduction and claim.
Within the body of your Rogerian essay, make sure to include the following in any order:
· The background for your chosen topic.
· The opposition – use an academic tone, and do not show bias.
· The strengths and weaknesses of your opponents claim.
· Strong, scholarly research
· Your claim – use an academic tone, and do not show bias.
· Discuss the warrants for your claim and the opposition in order to find the common ground.
· Show the common ground between your opponents claim and your claim.
you have written your essay, please make sure to revise the content of
your essay. Lastly, be sure to edit your essay by checking grammar,
format, and smaller technical details. Please make sure your essay is
written in third person.
The Cover Letter
Each essay due in this course needs
to have a cover letter (not a cover page). In letter for the Rogerian
essay, I would like for you to answer the following questions. Each
response should be one paragraph (at least three sentences), with the
exception of question six. You may use first person in your cover
The questions are below:
What was the purpose of the essay? In your response, explore the deeper
meaning of this question. The goal is not just to complete the
assignment but instead to convey a message. What do you plan to
accomplish with this essay? What do you hope the reader takes away from
What did you learn from completing this assignment? Did you experience a
new understanding of the topic? Did you change your perspective after
completing the research?
3) What difficulties did you encounter during the research, writing, or editing phases of the assignment?
4) What did you enjoy about this assignment?
What made you decide to write about this particular topic? Is this a
topic that you are discussing in another course? Is this a topic that
concerns you in particular?
6) Is there anything else you would like for me to know before reading your essay?
The Annotated Bibliography
An annotated Bibliography (AB) is due with your Rogerian essay. Using
the MLA guide, list each source as it will appear on the Works Cited
page of your essay. In two to three sentences summarize the text. I will
be checking for grammar as well. This is what makes it an “annotated”
bibliography. A sample is shown below.
Clark, Irene L. The Genre of Argument. Fort Worth, TX: Harcourt Brace, 1998. Print.
Clark’s textbook identifies the major steps to developing a
well-researched and well-written argumentative essay. Professional
essays are included in the text as models.
Ward, Russ. Logical Argument in the Research Paper. Fort Worth, TX: Harcourt Brace, 1997. Print.
Augmenting the steps to writing an argumentative research paper is
information about proper documentation. The Toulmin System, an important
aspect of a well-planned paper, should be studied carefully.
Please view the uploaded rubric for more detail about how this essay will be graded.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.