ew the article, Race, poverty and punishment: The impact of criminal sanctions on racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic inequality,
as you to prepare for this paper. As Wheelock and Uggen (2006) point
out, “the association between crime, punishment, and poverty has long
been the subject of sociological and criminological investigation” (p.
1). This assignment is intended illustrate the interconnection of social
Write a paper discussing the overlap of crime, punishment, and poverty.
In your paper, please explain the following five core arguments made by
the authors:Criminal sanctions and victimization work to form a system of disadvantage that perpetuates stratification and poverty. Punishment impacts individuals convicted of felonies, as well as their families, peer groups, neighborhoods, and racial group. After controlling for population differences, African Americans are incarcerated approximately seven times as often as Whites. Variation in criminal punishment is linked to economic deprivation. As the number of felons and former felons rises, collateral
sanctions play an ever-larger role in racial and ethnic stratification,
operating as an interconnected system of disadvantage. Academic Research Reminder: Academic research papers
must meet university level standards of quality recognized by the
academic community. What constitutes quality, academic research?Primary (original) sources written by experts in the field of study. Secondary sources supported by research in primary sources. Credible sources (experts in the field; well-known theorists;
sources which use primary and secondary sources to support claims). Relevant research (materials are pertinent to the area of study). In graduate work, the use of peer-reviewed journal articles
(journal articles reviewed by recognized experts in the relevant field
of study) is required. Educational and government websites (those ending with a web URL
suffix of .edu or .gov) may be appropriate in some cases but should be
evaluated carefully. The paper must be three to four pages in length and formatted according
to APA style. You must use at least two scholarly resources other than
the textbook and required readings to support your claims and subclaims.
Cite your resources in text and on the reference page. For information
regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.