The Toulmin Proposal
The purpose of this
proposal is to let me know your plan for the Toulmin essay. Prior to completing
this proposal, please make sure to review the Toulmin assignment directions
carefully. These directions can be found in the classroom. The assignment directions are also given
This essay should be
between 900 and 1000 words. This essay will help you practice what you have
learned so far in this course. First, you will choose a topic of interest. Make
sure that you choose a topic with two opposing sides. Then, you need to
research that topic in order to specify the topic’s scope, so it can be easily
discussed in a shorter, 1000 word essay. For example, you may be interested in
learning more about traffic issues in the United States. However, that topic is
too large to cover in a 1000 word essay. After researching peer reviewed
articles that discuss US traffic issues in general, you may discover that the
metro system in the District of Columbia is underfunded and underutilized.
Through your research, you found that you could make a claim that more funds
should be made available in order to upgrade the metro system, which would
improve traffic issues in the District of Columbia. This would make for a
stronger, specific argument.
The following overused
topics may not be used in your essay: abortion, capital punishment, gay marriage,
gays in the military, mandatory drug testing, euthanasia, childhood obesity,
women in the military, diets (including the Palio diet), workout regiments
(including CrossFit), underage drinking, and the legalization of marijuana.
This essay must include
a minimum of five sources. Three should peer-reviewed sources preferably from
the APUS databases. You may use eBooks; however, as discussed earlier this
semester, books generally are not as current as peer-reviewed articles. You may
also use primary sources (interviews, statistics, etc); however, these primary
sources should be obtained from experts within that field. If you cannot find
strong sources for your chosen topic, then change your topic. If you have a
question about the validity of a source, please email me, or post your question
to the open forum.
Make sure to include
the following sections in your essay: introduction and claim, background, body,
and conclusion. Within the body of your Toumin essay, make sure to include the
following in any order: support for your claim, opposing or alternate views,
scholarly research, and rebuttals.
After you have written
your essay, please make sure to revise the content of your essay. Lastly, be
sure to edit your essay by checking grammar, format, and smaller technical
details. Please make sure your essay is written in third person.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.