Imagine you are a manager at a major bottling company. Customers have begun to complain that the
bottles of the brand of soda produced in your company contain less than the advertised sixteen (16)
ounces of product. Your boss wants to solve the problem at hand and has asked you to investigate. You
have your employees pull thirty (30) bottles off the line at random from all the shifts at the bottling plant.
You ask your employees to measure the amount of soda there is in each bottle. Note: Use the data set
provided by your instructor to complete this assignment.
1 15.4 11 14.5 21 15.4
2 15.7 12 15.3 22 15.3
3 16.3 13 15 23 15.6
4 15 14 15.8 24 14.9
5 15.2 15 15.5 25 16.5
6 15.1 16 14.5 26 16.3
7 15.2 17 14.6 27 14.7
8 16 18 15 28 15.4
9 15.5 19 15.1 29 15.1
10 16.6 20 15.3 30 15.3
Write a two to three (2-3) page report in which you:
1. Calculate the mean, median, and standard deviation for ounces in the bottles.
2. Construct a 95% Confidence Interval for the ounces in the bottles.
3. Conduct a hypothesis test to verify if the claim that a bottle contains less than sixteen (16) ounces
is supported. Clearly state the logic of your test, the calculations, and the conclusion of your test.
4. Provide the following discussion based on the conclusion of your test:
a. If you conclude that there are less than sixteen (16) ounces in a bottle of soda, speculate
on three (3) possible causes. Next, suggest the strategies to avoid the deficit in the
b. If you conclude that the claim of less soda per bottle is not supported or justified, provide
a detailed explanation to your boss about the situation. Include your speculation on the
reason(s) behind the claim, and recommend one (1) strategy geared toward mitigating
this issue in the future.
5. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites
do not qualify as quality resources. The body of the paper must have in-text citations that
correspond to the references.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.