The purpose of this writing assignment is to assess your scientific thinking skills, in particular, your use of scientific skepticism.1) Name and describe (in your own words) the Six Principles of Scientific Thinking (Lilienfeld, Chapter 1, pages 21-26), and state why you think it is important to use them when thinking about behavior.2) Find three examples of claims made in newspapers, magazines, television, or the Internet that you think should be evaluated with a principle of scientific thinking. Describe the source and the claim made for each example. (Note: each of your examples must highlight a different principle of scientific thinking.)3) For each claim, cite and describe the principle that applies, and show how it applies.4) This paper should be approximately 3-4 pages double spaced, 1 inch margins, with 12 point font. Please upload your work as a word document.Rubric for Writing Assignment 1Content Knowledge – The Six PrinciplesAbove Proficient: All six priniciples are named and described clearly and correctly, in the student’s own words.10 pointsProficient: All six priniciples are named and described mostly correctly, and/or mostly in the student’s own words, and importance is explained mostly clearly.8.5 pointsBelow Proficient: Many errors in naming and/or describing the six principles, and/or mostly copying wording from text, and/or importance not explained clearly.7 points10 pointsImportance of Six PrinciplesAbove Proficient: A compelling argument is made for the importance of the six principles.10 pointsProficient: Importance of the six principles is explained in a basic way.8.5 pointsBelow Proficient: Little or no explanation of the importance of the six principle is provided, or explanation is not relevant.7 points10 pointsSources and ClaimsAbove Proficient: Appropriate examples are selected from media source, and sources and claims are described clearly and accurately.10 pointsProficient: Examples selected from media sources are mostly appropriate; sources and claims are described mostly accurately and clear with nor more than minor errors.8.5 pointsBelow Proficient: Significant problems with selection of some examples and/or description of some sources and claims.7 points10 pointsRelating claims to principlesAbove Proficient: Application of principle to claims is clear, complete, and insightful.10 pointsProficient: Principles are identified and applied with no more than minor errors.8.5 pointsBelow Proficient Significant problems identification and selection of some principles.7 points10 pointWritingAbove Proficient: Writing is clear and relevant, with no grammatical and/or spelling errors – polished and professional.10 pointsProficient: Most ideas are stated clearly and are related to the topic, with only minor grammatical and/or spelling errors.8.5 pointsBelow Proficient Many ideas require clarification and/or are off-topic or have marginal relevance to the assignment. Many grammatical and/or spelling errors throughout the paper.7 points10pointTotal: 50
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.